Wednesday, February 1, 2012

beautiful things.

Lately, life has been rough. Things have not come through like I thought, but I find myself sitting here with overwhelming joy. I don't know what my next step in life is and for the first time, I'm completely content with it. The Lord has been teaching me what it looks like to be patient and content in ALL things. And that sometimes, faith and happiness require action. 

The weather has blessed my heart, a lot. I hate the outdoors and bugs but I love the sunshine and warmth. There's something about this weather that puts joy and kindness in people's hearts. As I was walking, I ran into a little boy. He was in his driveway washing his little sister's barbie jeep. I thought it was the most precious thing. As I walked by about 15 minutes later, I saw the little sister giving the boy a huge hug. The smile on her face showed the joy coming straight from her heart. I turned around a few seconds later to find them both sitting in the barbie jeep, driving away in the sunset. And all I could think was how I wanted that kind of joy. The kind where you don't have to fake it or try for it, it just flows naturally.

But seriously, what a blessing to my heart. It really is the simple things in life that are the most beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment